As a client, you are to be informed of your rights. You will not be denied appropriate care on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, culture, sex, age, handicap, marital status, sexual preference or source of payment. Clients have the right to be fully informed orally and in writing of the following before care is initiated.
If you think your right has been violated, contact America’s Best Home Healthcare LLC hotline number at: 703-989-6806 or The Center for Quality Health Care and Consumer Protection at 804-367-2104
- The right to be treated with courtesy, consideration and respect and assurance of the right of privacy.
- The right to be assured confidential treatment of medical and financial, records, as provided by law.
- The right to be freed from mental and physical abuse, neglect and property exploitation.
- The right to participate in the planning of one’s home care, including the right to refuse service.
- The rights to be served by individuals who are properly trained and competent to perform their duties.
- The right of clients to voice their grievances and complaints related to organizational services without fear of reprisal.
- The right to be advised before care is initiated of the extent to which payment for services may be expected from Federal or State programs, and the extent to which payment may be required from the client.
- The right to be advised orally and in writing of any changes in fees for services that are the client’s responsibility. America’s Best Home Healthcare LLC shall advise the client of these changes as soon as possible, but no later than 30 calendar days from the date America’s Best Home Healthcare LLC become aware of the change.
- The right to be provided with advanced directive information prior to start of service.
- The right to be given advance written notice of at least 5 days prior of when it is determined the termination of service.
- The client has the responsibility to provide, to the best of his/her knowledge, accurate and complete information about past and present health conditions, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to his/her health.
- The client is responsible for following physician’s orders and home care providers instructions according to his/her plan of care.
- The client is responsible for ALL consequences if care is refused or instructions provided by physician and home care provider are not followed.
- The client must inform the caregiver of all medications, either prescription or non-prescription drugs, that he/she is taking.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that the financial obligations for care services are fulfilled as promptly as possible.